Elementary Specialist Teacher - Red Lake School District #38
June 29, 2020
Posted 06/28/20; open until filled
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications one (1) Elementary Specialist teacher:
JOB TITLE: Elementary Specialist Teacher
(ie. Physical Education, Ojibwe Language & Culture, Music, Art, SEL)
REPORTS TO: Principal
TERMS: Per Teacher's Master Agreement
Verification of Competency
Completed District application and resume.
Documentation to support the qualifications requirements as listed above.
Three letters of reference from former employers or other professional resources.
Successful completion of employment interview.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials send to: Red
Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position is open until filled.
JOB PURPOSE: Specialist teaching position responsible for the education of assigned students
and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal
growth. The teacher will have the desire to work cooperatively with other staff members of the
specialist department to continue building a dynamic program; preparation and commitment to
working with diverse communities of learners; skill in providing for the individual learning
needs of students; ability to create a positive, inclusive learning environment; a high level of
expertise in field, pedagogy and familiarity with current teaching/learning theories; willingness
to work with extracurricular activities; skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships
with diverse groups of students, parents, and colleagues.
Red Lake is a progressive district that seeks out motivational educators to take our programs to
the next level. Through staff development and mentoring programs we support teacher growth
and program success.
1. Eminence Credentials granted by the Red Lake Tribal Council or a valid Minnesota
teaching license as a Specialist Teacher (ie. physical education, health, DAPE, vocal
and/or instrumental and classroom music, visual arts, Ojibwe language & culture,
2. The preferred candidate should have three years of experience working with youth
including experience with American Indian children and or, children at risk for
3. A desire to cultivate young hearts and minds and foster a life-long appreciation for
1. Teach elementary specialist classes, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of
Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
2. Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize
effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning
experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
3. Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student
4. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional
5. Collaborates with administration, teachers, and special education staff to identify, plan,
and implement professional development activities and determine follow-up as needed.
6. Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and
prepare progress reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are
not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member
1. Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
2. Sit, stand, and walk for required periods of time.
3. Speak and hear.
4. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception along with the
ability to focus vision.
5. Communicate effectively orally and in writing using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle objects to operate tools,
computers, and controls as required.