Director of Teen Programs - Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club
Director of Teen Programs – Unit 1 Red Lake
Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club
Open: October 17, 2013 Closing: November 15, 2013
Plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates a range of activities for teens to fall within the five core component areas to include: sports/fitness, education, health and life skills, arts, and character and life skills. Is responsible for the day to day programs in the Teen Center providing after school activities for youth ages 13-18. Could also assist other program staff and will work directly with youth in various after school programs. This position is also responsible for recruiting, training, and evaluating volunteers and part-time staff, collaborating with area schools along with membership recruitment. Training will be available for implementation of programs. Full-time position with benefits; salary DOQ.
• Work with staff to maintain an environment that ensures health and safety of members.
• Contribute to the successful implementation of policies and procedures, professional standards and communication throughout the Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club.
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
• Complete weekly/monthly calendar of scheduled activities for Teen Center.
• Implement youth development strategies to assist members in achieving RLNBGC outcomes.
• Oversees provision of guidance services to members to assist them in fulfilling and making appropriate choice in educational, personal, physical, social, and emotional needs.
• Ensures that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Respect confidentiality of members, employees, and volunteer information.
• Increase invisibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotions.
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs, services, and activities, and submit accurate written reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance, 18 years or older.
• First Aid & CPR/AED Certification (MANDATORY).
• Post-Secondary Education (Associates or Bachelors).
• Ability to plan/manage multiple tasks, to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Positive attitude conductive to working effectively as a team player with members, staff, volunteers, parents/guardians and others.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel & Power Point.
• Position is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club has a Zero Tolerance Policy
Applications available and accepted at the Red Lake Nation Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN. 56671, Phone: 218-679-1847 *Fax: 218-679-4176.