LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
MINO-BIMAADIZIWIN WELLNESS CLINIC MINNEAPOLIS
OPEN: December 21st, 2023-Until filled.
This position is primarily responsible for providing culturally responsive mental health evaluation, diagnostic assessment and treatment for Native American adults within the scope of specialty and training. This provider will work alongside a psychiatrist and nurse, as well as a housing support team including clinical social worker/clinical supervisior, mental health targeted case manager, housing case manager, community health worker and cultural coordinator. The mental health professional has regular case consultation and may help to provide supervision (if eligible/qualified) as assigned to interns, practicum students, and case managers. This position is a full-time position with benefits, professional development opportunities and will report to the Clinical Supervisor. Salary $35-40/hour; DOQ and experience.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Provides mental health evaluation, diagnostic assessment, individual and group therapy to Native American adults
• Commitment to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion with a focus on culturally responsive practice, internal self-awareness, and reflection
• Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to treat clients' mental health concerns and meet cultural needs
• Works closely with psychiatrist and nurse, and housing support team
• Provides treatment based on cultural needs of client and family, records, interviews, behavioral observations, and collateral
• Maintains good working relationships with colleagues, staff and community partners
• Abides by clinical protocols, policies and procedures
• Meets program expectations of quotas and caseload
• Coordinates care with internal and external providers and makes referrals as necessary
• Engages in regular case consultation and attends team meetings
• Records treatment, coordination and completes clinical assessments in EHR in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintains knowledge of current and culturally appropriate mental health care practices
• Other duties as assigned and essential to the program
Directly supervises master's level interns and practicum students, and case manager if eligible/qualified and needed. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include supporting Director of Pediatric Mental Health with interviewing, supervising, and training students; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems when assigned.
• Post-degree (MA) in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, family and marriage counseling, or any other relevant behavioral health degree
• Current Licensed Mental Health Professional Certification (LICSW, LMFT, LP, LPCC) in MN (or working towards becoming a fully licensed professional)
• Direct experience working with Native American communities is highly recommended
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 or via email to email@example.com and copy Laurelle.Myhra@redlakenation.org