ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - GWAYAKOCHIGE WIGAMIG - (RED LAKE NATION YOUTH SHELTER)
October 31, 2023
(RED LAKE NATION YOUTH SHELTER)
Open: October 31, 2023- Until filled.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director. This position works with highly confidential information and the assistant must be a self-starter, dependable, and disciplined employee who can multi-task and be a team player. Reports to Youth Shelter Executive Director, Full time position, w/benefits (Various shifts), salary; $20.00-22.00 DOQ.
Gwayakochige-Wigamig: "Making the right choices" (as in the choices Creator would want you to make) Gwayakochige-Wigamig is a cornerstone for intergenerational and community healing. We are committed to ensuring that our Anishinaabe youth and their families have access to their Indigenous rights of community, belonging and cultural identity. Gwayakochige-Wigamig is an Anishinaabe (Indigenous Person) culture-based emergency shelter for at risk Oshkii-ayaa'aag (youth, pl) who may be experiencing houselessness and instabilities due to; runaway status, family crisis, abuse, may be involved with the juvenile corrections and/or child protection system(s). The Emergency Shelter provides culturally based emergency shelter services to youth ages 5 to 17 years old located on the Red Lake Indian Reservation. Services include emergency and short-term shelter, crisis intervention, case and systems advocacy, information and referrals, trauma-informed therapy, access to medical/dental care, cultural advising, counseling, case management and community education.
• Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations of office.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with staff, programs, and vendors.
• Retrieve data and prepare ongoing reports for operational review.
• Assist with the development and submission of new business proposals.
• Schedules appointments and maintains calendars.
• Makes travel arrangements for qualified staff such as booking flights, lodging, rentals and reservations.
• Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings.
• Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence.
• Prepare and process all documentation for Human Resources.
• Create and maintain filing systems, both electrical and physical.
• Assist with the purchase and coordination of office supplies.
• Management and organization of storage areas (filing cabinets)
• Create marketing needs that support events, website, campaigns,
• Support Executive Director with state and federal grant process and procedures.
• Assist with operations requests, including deliveries and errands, as needed.
• Performs a variety of Administrative Assistant tasks to support the CEO.
• Work together as a team in accomplishing large tasks.
• Contribute to a fun, team-oriented, and challenging work environment.
• Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, email and mail.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have a High School or General Education Diploma (G.E.D) required
• Must be 21 years of age and older
• Valid Minnesota Driver's License and proof of auto insurance
• Adult CPR and Basic First Aid
• 2-3 years of administrative assistant experience.
• Reliability and Trustworthiness
• Decision-making: administrative assistants need to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
• Communications and collaboration: An administrative assistant must collaborate with other administrators and support personnel, management and clients on a regular basis.
• Organizational skills: The ability to maintain order helps ensure executives don't miss appointments or deadlines.
• Writing: Their emails, letters, documents and social media posts reflect upon their employers, so they need to know how to write professionally, using proper spelling and grammar.
• Excellent with time management and deadlines.
• Education/certification or experience with accounting/administration +
• Inventory Control
• Takes initiative to complete tasks, obtain clarification when needed,
• Basic understanding of office control procedures
• Experience and knowledge of appropriate software including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Skills, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Laserfiche, Procentive.
• Experience with both state and federal grant process and procedures.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Willing to obtain and apply training and education that is applicable to working with youth; trauma informed care, suicide awareness/prevention, harm reduction, child development, de-escalation methods, and other trainings that support the job duties.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check
Red Lake Nation Safe Harbor, Gwayakochige-Wigamig, provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religious belief, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other protected classification. Gwayakochige-Wigamig encourages individuals with diverse backgrounds, lived experience, and/or members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176