ICWA NOTICES WORKER & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
(FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES)
OPEN: September 20, 2023
CLOSE: September 29, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
Ombimindwa Gidinawemagaganinaadog, Uplifting All of Our Relatives, is an agency authorized by the Red Lake Nation to oversee family and child welfare issues, coordinating with Child Welfare agencies outside of the boundaries of the Red Lake Nation. This position is responsible for handling and maintaining all Indian Child Welfare Act/Minnesota Indian Family Preservation Act Notices on behalf of the Red Lake Nation. This is an important outward facing position within the community and is responsible for welcoming relatives and visitors and providing basic information regarding services offered. Every relative who comes to the facility deserves to be treated with dignity, respect and compassion and should be directed to the staff person or resource that will best serve them and their requests. This position is full-time w/benefits. Reports to the Ombimindwaa Gidinawemaaganinaadog ICWA Program Manager. Salary; DOQ. This position is based in Minneapolis and may require some travel.
ESSENIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for greeting relatives, answering phones, maintain ICWA cell phone and all correspondence with enrollment/tribal offices
• Responsible for sorting all mailings, packages arriving at Aldrich
• Responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality for all relative related matters and professionalism in all affairs
• Responsible for maintaining, updating, Primary Relatives List for open cases in the RLN Share Drive
• Responsible for handling and maintaining all ICWA notices, CHIPS notices, notice documentation and lists for tracking
• Responsible to list & update all court related information
• Responsible for Aldrich related bills and follow up as needed to ensure accounts are paid timely
• Responsible for maintaining office needs of the Aldrich location
• Open, sort, file, document and organize all child welfare/relative related email, mail, voice notifications
• Reply to all inquiries of eligibility within 1 week or earlier
• Insure prompt, thorough, respectful, courteous email, phone, in-person correspondence for all relatives and inquiring agencies, county workers
• Manage the primary relatives list for ICWA team
• Manage all mailings, packages, and sort mail for Ombimindwaa staff put in corresponding mailboxes
• Meet weekly to go through notices with program managers/team lead
• Identify categories of notices and record what type of notice it is and refer to monitoring, case closed, or (TBA) To Be Assigned Case List
• Maintain accurate, detailed documentation of new notices, general info on cases to give to the program manager
• Inform program manager of any new CHIPS cases or other urgent matters related to child welfare
• Answer the incoming phones and greet guests at Ombimindwaa Aldrich location
• Help track orders and invoices for items ordered for Aldrich
• Keep and maintain organized files of notices under lock and key as needed for pertinent information
• Verify eligibility and issue verification documentation for all relatives and ICWA/MIFPA/CHIPS notices
• Support urban program managers in all administrative, clerical duties
• Answer and connect phone calls or take messages as needed to all staff working at Ombimindwaa Aldrich building
• Data entry and mailing projects as assigned
• Scan and send utility invoices to the Accounts Payable team for payment
• Provide light “housekeeping” in the common areas
• Attend mandatory trainings and meetings
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have valid driver’s license and insurance
• Must have comfort with and an ability to interact and communicate effectively with people of all racial, ethnic, economic and social backgrounds.
• Must provide a welcoming, warm and empathetic presence with relatives, and demonstrate an ability to de-escalate situations if necessary.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail.
• Must be able to provide excellent customer service and community relations.
• Must demonstrate comfort with multi-tasking in a fast-paced and sensitive environment.
• Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
• Must possess the ability to perform light manual labor, such as lifting of supplies and materials
• Must be able to work as a team and independently, and demonstrate an ability to self-initiate projects and tasks to ensure the needs of relatives are met in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality in the workspace, comply with HIPAA and data practices to ensure the information of relatives is respected and protected.
• Have computer competency
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively, good record keeping skills, and knowledge of our urban families and their community
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check
TO APPLY: Applications, Resumes and copies of certificates are accepted at the Government Center- Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.
FOR ADDITONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Cheri Goodwin, Executive director of Ombimindwaa at (218)-679-2122 firstname.lastname@example.org or email Wahsay Poole email@example.com