Beltrami County Opioid Steering Committee
July 27, 2023
Beltrami County, MN – Governor Tim Walz signed a bill that directs how the state will spend the opioid lawsuit settlement dollars. Beltrami County Public Health, as the Chief Strategists, are committed to preventing and reducing the negative impacts associated with opioid misuse, opioid use disorder, and overdose deaths. To determine how to prioritize use of these funds, Beltrami HHS in collaboration with the Beltrami Sheriff’s Office is establishing a steering committee and seeking community involvement.
This committee serves to prioritize use of settlement funds and the purpose is to advise/offer guidance on directing settlement funds across broad categories including prevention, criminal justice, treatment, recovery, and harm reduction. The steering committee will include but are not limited to citizens with professional or lived experiences, county staff, and city staff.
If you have a vested interest in joining this solution-based group, we would like to invite you to complete the Application of Interest. The application, directions, and the deadline are attached to this release.
Save the date:
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 – Beltrami Electric. Time: TBD (evening)
Monday, October 30, 2023 – Blackduck Golf Course. Time: TBD (evening)
The Steering Committee will be hosting two community learning events. There are three goals for these events: provide opportunities for as many citizens to attend by hosting two sessions, provide the community with education related to the settlement and Beltrami data related to the opioid epidemic, and most importantly gather input from the community of Beltrami County to learn where are greatest needs are.
Additional information can be found on the Minnesota Attorney General’s website.
Application: Beltrami County Opioid Steering Committee
• Please answer all of the following 8 questions. If able, please type your answers.
• All Applications must be received by August 11, 2023
• Mail or deliver your application to:
C/O Beltrami County Public Health
616 America Ave. NW, Suite 330
Bemidji, MN 56601
2. Organization/Employer associated with:
4. Do you reside or work in Beltrami County?
5. Why are you interested in being on the Beltrami County Opioid Settlement Steering Committee?
6. What Skills, experience, and expertise will you bring to this group?
7. How will you be an ambassador and advocate for this committee?
8. Are you able to fulfill the following obligations to remain engaged and an active member of the group?
• Team will meet in-person a minimum of 12 times per year, maintaining 80% attendance to remain a member.
• You need to have a commitment to prevent misuse, reduce harm, support criminal justice system, and identify treatment and recovery options related to the catastrophic effects the opioid epidemic has on communities for your application to be considered.