Road construction on Highway 11 east of Roseau starts May 31
Motorists will experience a detour through mid-June
May 26, 2023
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today beginning May 31, motorists on Highway 11 east of Roseau can expect a short-term detour as construction begins. The project includes replacing a box culvert three miles east of Roseau on Highway 11.
The contractor for this $600,000 project is Davidson’s Construction. This project will improve drainage. It is estimated to be complete by mid-June, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information http://www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy11-east-roseau/index.html.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
• Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. http://www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/. For a complete list of projects for 2021, please visit http://www.mndot.gov/d2. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit http://www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.