Special Education Teacher – Multiple Positions Available - Red Lake School District, ISD #38
February 17, 2023
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
218-679-3353 ext. 1001
Posted: February 16, 2023; until filled
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications for a Special Education Teacher:
JOB TITLE: Special Education Teacher – Multiple Positions Available
BUILDING: Anticipated Openings in Each Building
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services & Building Principal
BARGAINING GROUP: Education Minnesota – Red Lake
TERMS: Per Teacher's Master Agreement
JOB PURPOSE: Serve as a teacher for identified students by developing Individualized Educational Programs and providing direct special education services.
The Special Education Teacher shall:
1. Hold a valid Minnesota teaching license –or- be eligible to obtain a teaching license through demonstration of education, work history and/or expertise in the essential functions of the position.
2. Hold a Bachelor's degree or higher in education or a related field. Preference given to candidates who hold or who are willing to work toward one or more of the following licenses:
A. Early Childhood Special Education (DD)
B. Emotional / Behavioral Disorders (E/BD)
C. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
D. Developmental Disabilities (DCD)
E. Academic and Behavior Strategist (ABS)
F. Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
G. Developmental Adaptive Physical Education (DAPE)
H. Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
I. Any Low Incidence Disability Category (Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Blind/Visually Impaired, Oral/Aural Education, Physical & Health Disabilities)
3. Have previous successful experience working with children and youth with disabilities.
4. Demonstrate a strong moral character and impeccable work ethic.
5. Have experience with or excitement for working with Native American children and youth.
JOB DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES
1. Design and implement Individualized Educational Programs for students with disabilities.
2. Develop specialized interventions and strategies as needed in support of the assigned student population.
3. Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and key personnel within the assigned school or target population.
4. Collect, analyze and interpret data to monitor student progress toward identified goals and objectives.
5. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Work as an effective member of professional learning teams, grade level teams, and participate as a contributing member on site committees.
7. Engage in data driven decision-making.
SKILLS AND ABILITES
1. Ability to engage with and effectively serve Native American youth.
2. Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with a variety of diverse students, parents, colleagues, and community members/groups.
3. Utilize proper English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and speaking skills.
4. Knowledge of district policies, rules, and regulations.
5. Work with students, district personnel, and the public in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
6. Understand and follow complex oral and written instruction and completes assignments in an independent manner.
7. Analyze situations and take appropriate action regarding routine/emergency procedural matters without immediate supervision.
8. Plan, organize, and coordinate assigned tasks to meet established timelines.
9. Maintain professional confidentiality and work collaboratively with peers.
10. Possess knowledge of technology to present lessons, communicate with others, and keep records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
1. Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
2. Sit, stand, and walk for required periods of time.
3. Speak and hear.
4. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
5. Communicate effectively orally and in writing using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle objects to operate tools, computers, and controls as required.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY & APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply, send: 1) completed District application, 2) cover letter and resume, 3) three letters of reference from educational professionals, and 4) documentation of licensure credentials, statement of ability to meet licensure requirements, or statement of how work experience, education, and expertise combine to demonstrate qualification for this position to:
Red Lake School District #38
PO Box 499
Red Lake, MN 56671
Or, fax to (218) 679-2321 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org