Elementary Teacher - Red Lake School District #38
February 17, 2023
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
Red Lake Schools #38
Posted: 02/16/2023; until filled
Position to be filled for the 2023-2024 School Year
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications to fill an Elementary Teacher position in Red Lake School District;
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB PURPOSE: The elementary teacher shall structure, implement, and manage direct instruction and facilitate learning for students as required by Minnesota State Standards and local site requirements and assist in other District and school initiatives.
The successful candidate will:
1. Possess a Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited university.
2. Must possess or be able to obtain a Minnesota K-6 or 1-6 teaching license to teach
3. Have prior teaching experience in primary and/or intermediate grades.
4. Be highly qualified under state/local requirements.
5. Fulfill requirements for a mandatory background check.
6. Have a strong moral character and work ethic.
1. Experience teaching Native American student in an education setting is preferred.
2. Willingness to learn and incorporate Ojibwe Language and Culture in job duties, including lesson plans and assignments
JOB DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES
1. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational processes and instruction for students.
2. Demonstrate ability to use and apply a wide variety of instructional practices, teaching strategies, and curriculum materials to support instruction across content areas.
3. Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments and strategies to plan and implement instruction.
4. Demonstrate experience in analyzing and interpreting formative and summative data.
5. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to select and implement appropriate interventions.
7. Demonstrate an interest and willingness to work as an effective member of professional learning teams, grade level teams, and participate as a contributing member on site committees.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
9. Demonstrate an understanding and ability to implement data driven decision making and data driven instruction.
1. Engages and supports students in learning by providing for a variety of learning styles and ability levels.
2. Creates and maintains effective environments for student learning.
3. Develops and implements effective classroom management procedures.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior through proper control and supervision and the provision of learning activities which stimulate the interest and motivation of pupils.