School/Community Liaison - Red Lake School District, ISD#38
January 11, 2023
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
Employment Opening: INTERNAL ONLY
01/10/2023 – 01/20/2023
Position Title: School/Community Liaison
Supervisor: Building Principal
Bargaining Group: MSEA
Terms: Per MSEA Master Agreement
Qualifications: High school diploma, GED, or Associates. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license. Ability to travel up to 50% of time to scheduled meetings/home visits in a wide range of weather conditions. Be community oriented preferably with experience in youth programs or school activities. Demonstrate ability to work well with the community at large, to include parents, guardians, and students. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, parents, staff, community and administrators. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary. Complete a background check. Pass a drug and alcohol test.
Position Overview (Basic Purpose of Position): The Liaison will develop relationships with families and eliminate barriers for the families. The Liaison will provide an outreach for families. They will assist students and families to develop habits that maintain daily school attendance and communicate with parents regarding their concerns and needs that may impact overall school successes. The Liaison will work with students that demonstrate special education needs and facilitate appropriate communication between school and home with parents and guardians to clarify and assist parents in their understanding of the special need process.
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
1. Use strength to lift items to perform the functions of the job.
2. Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
3. Speak and hear.
4. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
5. Communicate effectively using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and resume'.
2. Required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Letters of reference from former employers, teachers, or other professional sources.
4. Employment interview.