YOUTH OUTREACH COORDINATOR - RED LAKE NATION YOUTH SHELTER
December 21, 2022
YOUTH OUTREACH COORDINATOR
RED LAKE NATION YOUTH SHELTER
Open: December 19, 2022- Until filled.
As the Youth Outreach Coordinator, you'll create a supporter-centric social media strategy for Red Lake Nation Youth Shelter. You'll partner with Brand and Marketing teams to connect people to our mission and help bring our youth shelter and the issues they face to communities worldwide– with an emphasis on fostering trust, inspiring engagement, and empowering action. As part of the Red Lake Youth Shelter Brand Team, you'll report to our Assistant Director and work collaboratively with designers and our overall team. You'll create compelling social media content that drives traffic, increases engagement, inspires engagement, and brings our mission to life. You'll be part of a creative team that adheres to authenticity, innovation, and compassion. Reports to Youth Shelter Assistant Director, Full time position, w/benefits, salary; $20.00-$30.00 DOQ.
• Developing and leading a social media strategy for Red Lake Nation Youth Shelter
• Partnering with Brand and Marketing teams to generate and brainstorm ideas
• Collaborating on development and execution of inspiring and engaging story-driven content
• Working with the Creative Team to write content that connects with a large audience
• 1-3 years of experience producing and maintaining social media channels for a large audience
• A portfolio of social media work that you are proud of because it is engaging, audience-focused and thoughtfully-made– ideas that you generated and had a significant role in executing (from Twitter to TikTok)
• A willingness to throw yourself deep into the role; not just strategy/channel management, but a love for creating content and coming up with ideas
• Strong creative and communication skills (in writing and video-editing, in particular)
• Interest in consumer insights and passion for keeping the audience at the core of your decision making
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new situations
• Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement
• Expert knowledge of all things digital and social with a pulse on youth trends and culture
• Heart and hustle
• 1st person storytelling experience and comfortable being on camera
• Flexibility to work weekends and travel.
• The Red Lake Nation Youth Shelter's mission is to ensure that young people experiencing adversity have a safe place to sleep, the security to dream, and the support to positively impact the world. Our vision is to eradicate homelessness, hopelessness, and violence among transition-age youth in the Red Lake area. The Red Lake Youth Shelter is a low-barrier, identity-affirming space in Beltrami County on the Red Lake Nation where unhoused transition-age youth in crisis will find shelter, mental health services, and support services they need to pursue the life they want. We incorporate our Ojibwe culture with the support services our children deserve while they forge their path into adulthood.
• Our passion is to reinvent how our community responds to youth crisis and social barriers through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity
• At Red Lake Nation Youth Shelter, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do
• The Creative team is a deeply passionate group of designers, videographers, editors, social media strategists, and storytellers. They're responsible for gathering inspiring content and crafting one-of-a-kind stories from the people we serve. They help our amazing community of supporters be more aware of the issues facing youth, compelling them to take action
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.