COUNSELOR - OBAASHIING TREATMENT CENTER
December 21, 2022
OBAASHIING TREATMENT CENTER
OPEN: December 20, 2022- Until filled.
Provide care and guidance of clients as described below, reports to the Clinical Director of Obaashiing Treatment Center. Reports to Clinical Director. Full-time position with benefits, Salary; DOQ
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Maintain an active caseload and update current client files; responsible for recording and reporting all encounters with clients.
• Assist in the client intake process.
• Assist in the care and guidance along with supervision of clients placed in the facility under a treatment plan.
• Development individual treatment plans, and complete weekly treatment plan reviews with clients.
• Transport, assist, and participates with implementation of recreational activities.
• Maintain various logs, point sheets, and other daily records as required.
• Write reports on assigned court ordered placements and forward to appropriate personnel.
• Mandatory participation trainings and education pertinent to position.
• Provide counseling on an individual and/or group basis to assigned clients/residents.
• Able to respond to referrals made by other social services agencies.
• May work rotating shifts and weekends..
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all clients at all times.
• Refrain from mood-altering chemicals.
• Mandatory participation in alcohol/drug testing when called upon.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have at least one (1) year sobriety
• Must have a High School diploma or GED
• Must have a current UMICAD I, II, or III or LADC
• Have knowledge of 12-step AA program
• Valid driver's license and auto insurance preferred
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test
• Previous counseling experience preferred.
• Current Rule 25/Comprehensive Assessor certification preferred.
• Knowledge of the DAANES forms
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.