ASSOCIATION OF MINNESOTA COUNTIES ANNOUNCES 2022 COUNTY ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
December 13, 2022
(St. Paul, MN)-Four outstanding programs from counties across Minnesota were recognized with Association of Minnesota Counties' (AMC) 2022 'County Achievement Awards' for exhibiting excellence and innovation in their counties. 2022 AMC President and Lac qui Parle County Commissioner Todd Patzer presented the County Achievement awards at the association's annual conference December 6 in Bloomington. The recipients were nominated by their counties and selected by a committee of county officials. Beltrami County was one of four recipients.
The Beltrami County Reset program is a jail recidivism reduction model, created to give exiting inmates tools for success. The model provides case management support that helps inmates:
· Improve motivational factors;
· Identify their goals and needs;
· Support access to health care applications and other potential assistance needs;
· Provide housing and employment resources; and
· Identify services that support success in personal and community life, such as health, mental health, substance use treatment, and any other identified needs. Finding access and support is a priority for the program.
The program develops a supportive, trusting relationship between inmates and socials workers who support their goals. For those who take advantage of this program, it can be a life changing service. This model of care uses traditional case management to reduce recidivism and assist inmates in finding hope and achieving a changed outcome.
The reset program has lifted up the lives of 70 people and has given them the opportunity to find an alternative to incarceration and become contributing members of the community. Congratulations Beltrami County on your model program!