KITCHEN MANAGER - TRAINER - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH
September 15, 2022
KITCHEN MANAGER- TRAINER
Open: September 13, 2022- Until filled.
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager to supervise & Train daily kitchen operations. The Kitchen Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time. Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served and our customers have a pleasant dining experience. Reports to Executive Director, full time position, w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
• Manage kitchen staff and coordinate food orders
• Supervise food prep and cooking
• Check food plating and temperature
• Establish portion sizes
• Schedule kitchen staff shifts
• Price menu items
• Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed
• Train kitchen staff on prep work and food plating techniques
• Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
• Keep weekly and monthly cost reports
• Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef
• Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
• Knowledge of a wide range of recipes
• Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
• Excellent organizational skills
• Conflict management abilities
• Ability to manage and train a team in hospitality and customer service
• Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.