CRIME VICTIM INTAKE SPECIALIST - DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
September 9, 2022
CRIME VICTIM INTAKE SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Open: September 9, 2022
Close: September 23, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Will be responsible for coordinating and providing support for client service activities for victims of domestic violence and other crimes. This position provides support to the crime victim services staff as well as maintaining a light case load for direct services to victims of crime. Responsible for greeting, answering incoming calls from crime victims, conduct initial screening of all crime victim calls, open computer files for new clients and new cases. Develop and maintain knowledge of, and strong working relationships with legal and social service agencies that provide services to crime victims and make appropriate referrals and collaborate as needed. Input data from all intakes, scan and upload intake paperwork and client documents. This position will be an opportunity to learn about advocacy and will maintain a light case load providing services to victims of crime. The goal of this position will be to set the employee up for knowledge of advocacy functions if the employee is interested in advocacy but has not had prior experience. Reports to Victim Services Supervisor, Full time position with benefits, salary; $20.00 hourly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
• In addition to above;
• Works with direct crime victim advocates, law enforcement, Equay Wiigamig Women's Shelter, Red Lake School district staff
• Completion of required intake forms and client file forms
• Greet clients in a professional manner at all times
• Provide receptionist and secretarial assistance
• Become familiar with and utilize crime victims service intake forms, client forms, excel data base and Microsoft word
• Required following all agency policies and procedures.
• Required understanding and abiding by those Tribal Code, laws, regulations, policies and procedures that is applicable to the program/service, which is being provided.
• Required to report any known or suspected violations of laws, regulations, policies, or procedures to the proper authorities.
• Ensure confidentiality when dealing with other employees, clients, and outside personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• GED or High School diploma
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions
• Exceptional knowledge of Red Lake families and community resources
• Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing pre-employment/Drug/Alcohol test and background check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.