Mathematics Teacher - Red Lake School District, ISD #38
July 29, 2022
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
Posted: 07/28/2022; Until filled
JOB TITLE: Mathematics Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB PURPOSE: The Mathematics Teacher shall provide direct instruction and facilitate learning for all students. He/she shall work closely with all stakeholders and support staff to develop and maintain high levels of data collection and analysis to problem solve and drive effective decision making about Mathematics programs and instruction.
The Mathematics Specialist shall:
1. Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree within mathematics.
2. Have completed a Mathematics licensure program and must possess appropriate Minnesota licensure in mathematics (i.e. Grades 5-12 or 7-12)
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of Mathematics processes and instruction,
4. Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with adult learners,
5. Demonstrate ability to use a wide variety of instructional practices, approaches, methods, and curriculum materials to support Mathematics instruction,
6. Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments and practices to plan and evaluate effective Mathematics instruction,
7. Demonstrate experience interpreting formative and summative data,
8. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills,
9. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective teaching strategies and interventions,
10. Demonstrate experience coordinating long-term, substantive, coherent professional development,
11. Demonstrate an ability and willingness to work within professional learning teams and other collaborative groupings,
12. Demonstrate an understanding of differentiated instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning styles.
13. Demonstrate knowledge about Red Lake Nation culture and communities,
14. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check,
15. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gather, organize, synthesize and present data to diverse audiences,
2. Effectively interpret formative and summative data, communicate results, problem solve and collaboratively make decisions that significantly impact Mathematics instructional practices and student achievement to support Minnesota Standards and mathematics pedagogy,
3. Promote a school wide philosophy of mathematics literacy supported by research and theory that integrates technology and new mathematical practice,
4. Plan, implement and evaluate effective teaching strategies and interventions,
5. Provide effective Mathematics instruction for students,
6. Utilize various forms of data to inform and guide instruction through data discussions in Professional Learning Teams (PLT's) and grade level teams to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
7. Be a contributing member of instructionally focused PLT's that use data to improve student learning and achievement.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education professionals
4. Employment interview.
The Mathematics Teacher shall be employed under: Teachers' Master Agreement
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials send to: Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671, fax to (218)679-2321, or email to email@example.com