Flooding update: Highway 2 in Crookston reopened as water levels have receded
April 26, 2022
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (11:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has reopened Highway 2 in Crookston east of Jackson Avenue. The highway was previously closed due to water over the road. Highways will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
Highways that remain closed:
• Highway 2B - Sorlie Bridge Grand Forks
• Highway 92 from Highway 59 in Brooks to Highway 32
• Highway 113- 4 miles east of Waubun
• Highway 220 from Highway 1 to Marshall County Road 5
• Highway 317 from Highway 220 to North Dakota border
Highways that remain open, but currently have water over the road:
• Highway 59 south of Winger
• Highway 92 north of Zerkel
Highways that have been opened and are clear of water:
• Highway 2 Crookston (east of Jackson Ave)
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
Check http://www.511mn.org before traveling for information on road conditions, closures and detour routes. For additional updates, ‘like’ MnDOT at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/, and follow @mndotnews on Twitter.