OFFICE MANAGER - RED LAKE FIRE DEPARTMENT
March 7, 2022
RED LAKE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Open: March 4, 2022
Closing: March 25, 2022 @12:00 p.m.
To perform office duties and offer good customer service in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, direct visitors and maintaining employee and department directories. Reports directly to the Fire Chief and Director of Public Safety. Work hours M-F 8-5, Full time position with benefits, salary $22.00 hourly
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Answer incoming telephone calls, directing calls to appropriate staff.
• Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every visitor.
• Ability to create office correspondence such as office memos and letters.
• Maintain budgets and line items to help ensure staff work within set budgets, with proper paperwork and documentation being administered and collected; includes purchases, managing office account, timely data entry, and proper record and forms management
• Handling of incoming correspondence accordingly from fax machine, postal mail, interoffice mail delivery.
• Assist with payroll, ensuring timesheets and leave slips are completed properly and on time. Plus, maintain proper and confidential filing system for payroll and staff documents.
• Create work schedules for the fire fighters.
• Maintain a calendar or time line for all processes and procedures, and assist with deadline reminders.
• Plan, coordinate, schedule trainings for the Red Lake Fire Department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Office management background preferred.
• Must have basic knowledge of general office equipment and computers.
• Ability to work independently
• Must have good work attendance and be dependable.
• High School Diploma/G.E.D. Certificate
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment Drug/Alcohol test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.