Specialist Teacher Grade K-12: 2 Positions Open - Red Lake School District, ISD#38
March 2, 2022
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
Posted: 03/01/2022 – 03/18/2022
JOB TITLE: Specialist Teacher Grade K-12: 2 Positions Open (ie. Physical Education, Health, FACS, Ojibwe Language & Culture, Music, Art, SEL)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
TERMS: Per Teacher's Master Agreement
Verification of Competency
Completed District application and resume.
Documentation to support the qualifications requirements as listed below.
Three letters of reference from former employers or other professional resources.
Successful completion of a background study, pre-employment drug screening and an employment interview.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials send to: Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position is open until filled.
JOB PURPOSE: Specialist teaching position responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The teacher will have the desire to work cooperatively with other staff members of the specialist department to continue building a dynamic program; preparation and commitment to working with diverse communities of learners; skill in providing for the individual learning needs of students; ability to create a positive, inclusive learning environment; a high level of expertise in field, pedagogy and familiarity with current teaching/learning theories; willingness to work with extracurricular activities; skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse groups of students, parents, and colleagues.
Red Lake is a progressive district that seeks out motivational educators to take our programs to the next level. Through staff development and mentoring programs, we support teacher growth and program success.
1. Eminence Credentials granted by the Red Lake Tribal Council or a valid Minnesota teaching license as a Specialist Teacher (ie. physical education, FACS, health, DAPE, vocal and/or instrumental and classroom music, visual arts, Ojibwe language & culture, technology) required.
2. The preferred candidate should have three years of experience working with youth including experience with American Indian children and or, children at risk for academic success.
3. A desire to cultivate young hearts and minds and foster a life-long appreciation for music
1. Teach specialist classes, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
2. Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
3. Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
4. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
5. Collaborates with administration, teachers, and special education staff to identify, plan, and implement professional development activities and determine follow-up as needed.
6. Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
1. Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
2. Sit, stand, and walk for required periods of time.
3. Speak and hear.
4. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
5. Communicate effectively orally and in writing using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle objects to operate tools, computers, and controls as required.