Beltrami County DFL precinct caucuses held with extra safety precautions
February 1, 2022
The Beltrami County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) is taking extra precautions to help safeguard attendee health on precinct caucus night. Attendees gather Tuesday, February 1 to hear from candidates, select delegates for upcoming conventions, weigh in on the state DFL platform, and elect precinct leaders. Registration starts at 6:30 p.m. and the caucus begins at 7 p.m.
All caucus attendees must have proof of COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of Moderna or Pfizer; 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson) or negative COVID-19 test. Also, attendees must wear a well-fitted mask worn over the nose and mouth and socially distance to the extent possible.
"We aim to protect the health of Beltrami County residents while maintaining grassroots democracy on caucus night," said Curtiss Hunt, Chair of the Beltrami County DFL. "DFLers who prefer not to participate in-person are invited to complete a non-attendee form (dfl.org/caucus/) and return it to the chair (email@example.com) or to their caucus site between 6:30 pm and the adjournment of business on February 1, 2022."
Meeting locations for towns and townships are:
• Ponemah Community Center (25003 Abinoojiinah Drive, Ponemah): Ponemah precinct.
• Red Lake Community Center (23990 Highway 1 East, Red Lake): Little Rock, Red Lake Agency precinct, and Redby precinct.
• Bemidji Middle School (1910 Middle School Ave. NW, Bemidji): the towns Bemidji (all Wards), Solway, Tenstrike, Turtle River, and Wilton; the townships Alaska, Bemidji, Buzzle, Durand, Eckles, Frohn, Grant Valley, Hagali, Jones, Lammers, Liberty, Maple Ridge, Moose Lake, Nebish, Northern, Port Hope, Roosevelt, Sugar Bush, Ten Lake, Turtle Lake, and Turtle River; Unorganized District 3.
• Blackduck High School (156 East First St NE, Blackduck): the towns Blackduck, Funkley, Hines, and Kelliher; the townships Battle, Birch, Cormant, Hornet, Kelliher, Langor, O'Brien, Quiring, Shooks, Shotley, Summit, Taylor, Waskish, and Woodrow.
• Our Saviors Lutheran Church (37408 Hamre Rd. NW, Grygla): townships Benville, Hamre, Lee, Minnie, Spruce Grove, and Steenerson; Unorganized Districts 1 and 2.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Precinct and caucus sites can be found online at caucusfinder.sos.state.mn.us/.