Early Childhood Lead Special Education Teacher - Red Lake School District, ISD#38
December 30, 2021
Early Childhood Lead Special Education Teacher
Open until January 5, 2022
Per the Red Lake Teacher's Master Agreement, Lead Special Education Teachers can be designated within the district. Lead Special Education Teachers (LSETs) are compensated for the additional duties related to this designation. Designation of LSETs is at the discretion of the Director of Special Services and is for a single school year, is not precedent setting, and may or may not occur every year, depending on district need.
The following overview provides information regarding the roles and responsibilities of teachers designated as Lead Special Education Teachers for the 2021-2022 school year.
LSET Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in a monthly Special Education Teacher staff meeting with the Director of Special Services to discuss districtwide Special Education issues – outside of the school day –
• Communicate with Special Education Teacher colleagues to collect information for monthly SPED meetings and to disseminate notes from the monthly SPED meeting
• Utilize prep time or other available time during the school day to assist the SEAT Team in conducting and documenting student observations for the purpose of determining eligibility for special education and related services
• Serve as the go-to person in the building or grade-band level for:
o SPED Forms support
o DocuSign support
o Designation as Administrative Rep at IEP meetings
o Special Education related questions
• Work collaboratively with the Due Process Facilitator, SEAT Team, and Director of Special Services to ensure compliance with applicable special education rules and regulations
• Assist in the collection of information regarding paraprofessional performance from designated colleagues to be shared with building administrators to aide in staff evaluations
Application Process / How to Show Interest
E-mail a two to three paragraph statement of interest that does not include any personally identifiable information along with information supporting your ability to fulfill the responsibilities above to HR Coordinator Ashley Nelson by 3 PM on Wednesday, January 5th, 2022. Ashley will compile statements, ensure they are confidential, and provide to the Superintendent by Friday, January 7th. Selection from the anonymous statements will be made and communicated out to the designated LSET's during the first week of school.
Compensation and Anticipated Hours
Per the master agreement, LSETs will be compensated $2,500 per year on the same pay cycle as the other miscellaneous compensation listed in Section E.4. All additional work requested of and related to the designation as an LSET is covered under the compensation in Section E.4 and will not qualify for sub pay, lost prep pay, or other provisions of extra pay within the master agreement. It is anticipated that the designation as an LSET will require 50-60 hours per year of additional time outside of the regular non-prep time workday.