REGISTERED NURSE - RED LAKE CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
November 15, 2021
RED LAKE CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
Open: November 12, 2021
Close: December 3, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Responsible for coordinating and providing health services for inmates and staff at the Red Lake Detention Center, Reports to Detention Administrator, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist the Comprehensive Health Nursing Department in developing health policies that meet federal guidelines for both inmate and staff.
• Provides a health appraisal for each inmate within 14 days of their admission.
• Holds sick call to screen inmates for medical complaints.
• Manage daily prescribed and over the counter medicals for inmates through training and supervising of CO's in medication delivery.
• Provide follow-up for inmates who have ongoing chronic health needs.
Responsible for serving as health resource and providing health education for inmates & staff.
• Responsible for helping to establish channels of communication which facilitate referrals and follow-up in order to meet the health needs of the inmates.
• Responsible for attending staff meetings and other program meetings as assigned.
• Responsible for submitting PCC forms weekly to the Community Health Nursing office for dates entry.
• Responsible for preparing and submitting a monthly report to Community Health Nursing and other reports as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate or BSN Degree in Nursing with a current Minnesota Nursing License.
• Knowledge of the mission statement, program requirements and policy of the overall health care delivery system of Comprehensive Health Services.
• Knowledge of professional community health nursing principles, practices, and procedures in providing services.
• Knowledge and applied skill in utilizing concepts of adult education.
• Knowledge of culture and customs of Indian people and have the ability to generate an appreciation of cultural differences.
• Knowledge of drugs and biological and the desired effect in the treatment of disease as well as undesired side effects.
• Knowledge of an ability to provide counseling in preventive and chronic health care to individuals by guidance in nutrition, mental health, common diseases and wellness.
• Knowledge of quality assurance and evaluation process.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.