Due Process Facilitator / Child Study Coordinator - Red Lake Public Schools ISD #38
November 10, 2021
Red Lake Public Schools ISD #38
Posted November 9th; open until filled
Position: Due Process Facilitator / Child Study Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Special Services
Terms: Per Teacher's Master Agreement
Position Overview: Facilitate the development of evaluations, individualized education plans, and other due process paperwork that meet state and federal special education rules and regulations. Assist in ensuring efficient and effective district-wide processes for completion of due process paperwork, including child find, pre-referral, referral, evaluation, child count, and reporting processes.
Major Position Duties:
- Monitor district-wide due process paperwork development and timelines for compliance with state and federal special education rules and regulations.
o Annually review a sample of each special education teacher's due process files for compliance and review additional files for compliance as requested by the Director of Special Education.
o Develop action plans and timelines to work with teachers to bring files into compliance.
o Provide regular due process consultation to non-tenured special education teachers in the district.
o Assist in the development of due process procedures and training tools as well as provide consultation, training and support for special education teachers in the district.
o Provide leadership in addressing MDE's Assistance and Compliance requirements, including self-audits and corrective action plans.
- Oversee the SPED Due Process Office functions, including:
o Sending and receiving special education records to/from other districts and outside agencies
o Maintaining district cumulative files for all students with special needs
o Upkeep of district test kits and protocols as well as maintenance of the district protocol inventory
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Education to provide district-wide oversight of the SPED Forms online due process software program.
- Facilitate the Special Education Assessment Team (SEAT):
o Create and maintain an annual document of upcoming re-evaluations and categorical evaluations
o Update SEAT documents
o Facilitate weekly SEAT meetings
o Serve as a lead evaluator on SEAT when necessary
o Serve as directing teacher for SEAT paraprofessionals
- Work closely with the District MARSS Coordinator to ensure accurate annual Child Count.
- Facilitate SPED PLT's at a building or districtwide level.
- Maintain current knowledge and skill in special education law, SPED Forms utilization, and evaluation tools and administration.
- Serve as administrative designee on IEP teams and attend other meetings requested by the Director of Special Services.
- Other duties as assigned.