CRIME VICTIM INTAKE SPECIALIST - DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
November 8, 2021
CRIME VICTIM INTAKE SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Open: November 8, 2021-Until filled
Will be responsible for coordinating and providing support for client service activities for victims of domestic violence and other crimes. This position provides support to the crime victim services staff. Responsible for greeting, answering incoming calls from crime victims, conduct initial screening of all crime victim calls, open computer files for new clients and new cases. Develop and maintain knowledge of, and strong working relationships with legal and social service agencies that provide services to crime victims and make appropriate referrals and collaborate as needed. Input data from all intakes, scan and upload intake paperwork and client documents. Reports to Crime Victim Program Coordinator, full time position with benefits, salary; $20.00 hourly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
• Works with direct crime victim advocates, law enforcement, Equay Wiigamig Women's Shelter, Red Lake School district staff.
• Completion of required intake forms and client file forms
• Greet clients in a professional manner at all times
• Provide receptionist and secretarial assistance
• Become familiar with and utilize crime victims service intake forms, client forms, excel data base and Microsoft word
• Required following all agency policies and procedures.
• Required understanding and abiding by those Tribal Code, laws, regulations, policies and procedures that is applicable to the program/service, which is being provided.
• Required to report any known or suspected violations of laws, regulations, policies, or procedures to the proper authorities.
• Ensure confidentiality when dealing with other employees, clients, and outside personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or G.E.D Certificate
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions
• Exceptional knowledge of Red Lake families and community resources
• Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and comprehensive background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.