Highway 2 project from Fisher to East Grand Forks near completion
Motorists can access both eastbound and westbound lanes
October 28, 2021
Bemidji, Minn. – MnDOT announced today motorists on Highway 2 between Fisher and East Grand Forks can now access both eastbound and westbound lanes. Eastbound traffic will experience lane closure during the construction of turn lanes as well as the J-turn at the intersection of Highway 2/2B. The project is expected to be complete by mid-November, weather permitting.
The contractor for this $9.4 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. Visit the project website below for more information: http://www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2021/hwy2b-egf .
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
• Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. http://www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/. For a complete list of projects for 2021, please visit http://www.mndot.gov/d2. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit http://www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.