2-YOUTH MENTORS-PONEMAH - RED LAKE NATION BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
October 25, 2021
RED LAKE NATION BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
Open: October 22, 2021-Until filled
The Tribal Youth Mentoring Program helps to empower youth in our community to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential and minimize their involvement in risk behaviors. The Mentoring Program uses adult volunteers to commit to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to a young person for a a period of at least a year. Reports to Executive Director & Program Coordinator, full time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be interested in working with young people; to be a willing listener providing encouragement and support to mentees
• Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
• Be willing to complete the application and screening process
• Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
• Attend mentor training sessions as prescribed
• Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information, and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Have a clean criminal history
• Will not use illicit drugs and will not use alcohol or controlled substance in an inappropriate manner
• Not currently in treatment for substance abuse and/or a mental disorder or hospitalized for such in the past 2 years
• Make a two-year commitment
• Spend minimum of eight hours per month one-on-one with a mentee
• Communicate with the mentee weekly
• Must be at least 21 years' old
• High School Diploma/GED Certificate
• Attend an initial three-hour orientation/training session and additional two-hour training sessions twice during each year of participation in the program.
• Attend optional mentor/mentee group events, mentor support groups, and program recognition events each year of participation in the program.
• Must have a vehicle, valid MN Driver's License and proof of insurance, clean driving record
• Abide by the Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls club Zero Tolerance Policy
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.