JANITORIAL/MAINTENANCE WORKER - RED LAKE TRIBAL ENGINEERING
October 20, 2021
RED LAKE TRIBAL ENGINEERING
Open: October 20, 2021
Closing: November 10, 2021 @12:00 p.m.
Responsible for cleaning, removing debris, and keeping building and grounds neat, clean, and functioning properly. Ensures all offices are maintained and fully equipped. Monitors building, grounds, security and safety to avoid hazards. Full time position with benefits. Reports to Engineering Director, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed.
• Sweep and mop floors, steam clean carpets when needed.
• Clean building/offices by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
• Clean windows, doors, and mirrors, using cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Maintain cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Handle emergency cleanings and upkeep requests such as after trainings.
• Lock doors after hours and check/turn off any electrical appliances.
• Troubleshoot issues with HVAC system, lighting and indoor climate control as needed.
• Dust furniture and scrub surfaces and non-routine cleaning when needed.
• Apply sealant and/or wax to floors and buff weekly.
• Clean and service restrooms daily with mop and disinfectants. Fix minor plumbing leaks.
• Mow lawns, trim shrubbery, plant flowers, and apply pesticides.
• Shovel snow from sidewalks and sprinkle salt when needed.
• Move heavy equipment and furniture.
• Identify and report possible repairs to management.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED required.
• 2+ years janitorial experience or willing to be trained.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Willing to work to early or late night shifts.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Physical capable of lifting and moving objects up to 80 pounds.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.