FAMILY WELLNESS ASSOCIATE - OMBIMINDWAA GIDINAWEMAAGANINAADOG (RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES)
October 20, 2021
FAMILY WELLNESS ASSOCIATE
(RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES)
Open: October 20, 2021
Closing: November 16, 2021 @12:00
Ombimindwaa provides and arranges an array of culturally based intensive helping and healing services to families. This position is responsible for assisting case managers with providing services to families to safely reunify children with their caregivers or preserve the family. Family Wellness Associate's help to preserve and/or reunify the family by getting relatives to family-centered services, visitation, and other supports and monitoring activities. Additionally, Family Wellness Associate's help fulfill administrative tasks that support our Intergenerational Family Wellness Programs. Family Wellness Associate's serve as a secondary but important contact for families in our Intergenerational Family Wellness Programs. Reports to Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Support the work of Intergenerational Family Wellness Teams to provide a unified consistent message to families
• Complete documentation, data entry, and administrative functions that support Intergenerational Family Wellness Teams
• Assist Intergenerational Family Wellness Team's by helping send out referrals, gather documentation, and monitor progress of relatives
• Foster and Maintain Relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Anishinaabe values, teachings, and beliefs
• Knowledge of child development, family dynamics, Anishinaabe child rearing
• Knowledge of family safety and risk factors in the Anishinaabe community
• Knowledge of mental health, chemical health and in-home services providers
• Knowledge of case planning
• Skilled in support of co-workers and advocating on behalf of relatives (clients)
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Ability to pass criminal background check
• Ability to pass drug screening and remain free from substance abuse issues during employment
• Must possess a valid driver's license throughout employment
• Must have a reliable automobile and insurance throughout employment
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 –Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.