DIRECTOR - Red Lake AmeriCorps (Service to New Scholars)
October 20, 2021
Red Lake AmeriCorps (Service to New Scholars)
OPEN: October 19, 2021
CLOSING: October 28, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
The AmeriCorps Director will implement and coordinate the Red Lake AmeriCorps program, Service to New Scholars. The goal of the Service to New Scholars is to provide school readiness to preschoolers at the Red Lake Head Start Program both sites, Red Lake and Ponemah. The goal of the program is also to provide a meaningful experience of service for Red Lake AmeriCorps members. Reports to Executive Administrator, full time with benefits, salary; DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision of AmeriCorps members
• Preparing and submitting all reports and other communications to Corporation for National and Community Service.
• Communication and coordination with service sites of the Red Lake Head Start Program
• Procuring and/or conducting training.
• Budget control and keeping cuff accounts.
• Data collection and analysis; reporting; adherence to funded activities.
• Timely completion of program goals and evaluation.
• Ensure compliance of federal requirements for documentation and services.
• Become knowledgeable about AmeriCorps requirements and resources, as well as the policies of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
• Read the Service to New Scholars grant application, using it to create items such as: training topics, calendar schedules, contact information; etc.
• Work with the Red Lake Tribal Accounting Department to track all program income and expenses.
• Coordinate with multiple agencies and service sites for scheduling, training, meetings; etc.
• Keep detailed minutes of AmeriCorps member meetings and distribute minutes to stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Recruit volunteer trainers for regularly scheduled Monday Education Day.
• Create and provide training and knowledge sharing about the Corporation for Community and National Service and AmeriCorps service at Red Lake to present to Head Start staff.
• Be present and ready to work as needed to meet obligations. This includes recognizing when situations require more effort, taking the initiative to perform these tasks, and satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Capable of managing multiple duties while determining proper priorities and keeping tasks in perspective and balance.
• Responsive to organizational and individual needs while demonstrating strong performance standards. This includes the ability to understand and respond thoroughly to requests.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Experience in the successful management of federally funded programs.
• Previous experience in program development and planning.
• Strong writing and speaking skills.
• Able to coordinate and share information with and across the national network of AmeriCorps programs.
• Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218)-679-4176.