EDUCATION COORDINATOR - RED LAKE NATION BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
September 13, 2021
RED LAKE NATION BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
Open: September 10, 2021 -Until filled
Be the lead contact to school teachers and be responsible for ensuring program activities align to the school day, student special needs are addressed and all activities are delivered with fidelity. Reports to Program Director, full time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Enable youth to become proficient in basic education disciplines, apply learning to everyday situations & embrace technology to achieve success in a career in the 21st CCLC (Century Community Learning Centers)
• Plan, Organize, implement, and evaluate a range of educational, prevention and technology program services area for youth between the ages of 16-18
• Assist staff and work directly with youth in various after school programs such as; Career Launch, SMART Moves, Money Matters, Triple Play, Power Hour, TRAIL, Project Learn, Etc.
• Establish objective consistent with organizational goals and mission
• Contribute to the successful implementation of policies and procedures, professional standards and communication throughout the Boys & Girls Club
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals
• Implement the youth development strategies to assist members in achieving Boys & Girls Club outcomes
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
• Oversee provision of guidance services to members to assist them in fulfilling and making appropriate choices in educational, personal, physical, social, emotional, vocational, and spiritual needs
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED Certificate
• Post-Secondary Education (Associates or Bachelors)
• Must 18 years or older
• Mandatory first aid & CPR/AED Certification
• Ability to plan and manage multiple task and to develop solutions to problems
• A positive attitude and mature personality conductive to working effectively as a team player with members, staff, volunteers, parents/guardians and others
• Proven knowledge and understanding of youth development and or education working with youth, families and organizations of the Red Lake Reservation
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics
• Demonstrates organizational, staff and project management abilities
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.