1-TRIBAL DISTRICT MAINTENANCE WORKER – SERVICING ALL FOUR DISTRICTS - RED LAKE BAND OF CHIPPEWA INDIANS
September 13, 2021
1-TRIBAL DISTRICT MAINTENANCE WORKER – SERVICING ALL FOUR DISTRICTS
RED LAKE BAND OF CHIPPEWA INDIANS
Open: September 10, 2021
Closing: September 23, 2021 @12:00 p.m.
To accomplish the maintenance and general work for all Reservation Community Districts; one individual able to rotate between all community districts with maintenance of grounds and facilities, reports to Facility Supervisor, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to mow lawns, trim weeds and rake leaves as assigned
• Picks up and removes trash prior to mowing a designated area
• Empties trash and recycling containers, trims bushes, shrubs, and hedges. Prepares soil and plant flowers
• Will be responsible for maintaining the landscape of a business, parks and community centers
• Will be responsible for maintaining an aesthetically-pleasing and functional outdoor space
• Clean up of public places after events such as pow-wows or community events
• Maintain grounds at Shady Park and other district parks
• Must be able to use snow plow, with the ability to plow all four district community centers before or after funerals or community events
• Public clearing of snow, leaves, debris around community centers in all four districts, and tribal businesses
• Must know how to operate a forklift and other heavy equipment
• Must maintain reservation sidewalks
• Maintain district pow-wow grounds
• Ensures that the facility vehicle is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures; i.e. check oil, tire pressure and service when needed
• Oversees security of building and grounds
• Notifies facility supervisor concerning need for major repairs or concerns
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D Certificate
• Vo Tech Certification highly desired (HVAC, Carpentry, Plumbing)
• Knowledge of hand tools and power equipment that is characteristic of the trade
• Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and external) self-starter
• Must possess the ability to perform manual labor and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must possess the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Must be able to maintain proper supplies on hand and have the ability to order material and/or supplies
• Must possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License without restrictions (Requirement)
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.