EDUCATION COORDINATOR - HEAD START PROGRAM
September 10, 2021
HEAD START PROGRAM
OPEN: September 9, 2021-Until Filled
Responsible for implementing, individuals, creating and learning environment, implementing the curriculum, managing the classroom, overseeing weekly lesson's plan, doing on site observations, feedback conferences and involving parents in the program, Reports to Director, full time w/benefits, salary; Negotiable.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• To provide guidance, support and suggestions to the education staff.
• To work closely with other component Coordinator to provide comprehensive services.
• To work cooperatively with parents and staff, organizes the development and annual review of the Education component plan.
• Responsible for implementing the Education program. Program includes individualizing, creating and learning environment, implementing the curriculum, managing the classroom, overseeing weekly lesson's plan, doing on site observations, feedback conferences and involving parents in the program.
• Implements the policies and procedures on what will facilitate the implementation of the Education plan and keep activities on course with Director.
• Observe individual children and give assistance in developing individual education plans (IEP).
• As a family worker, be creative, understand child development and adhere to strict confidentiality.
• Set up and implement periodic evaluation system of facility and all teaching staff.
• Write monthly reports to Director containing classroom evaluations, staff evaluations, education work plan summary, activity plans, problems encountered and suggestions for solving and training activities.
• Prepare monthly article for Head Start Newsletter.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director
• Bachelor's Degree in Early Education.
• One-year supervisory experience.
• Experience working with young children and children with special needs.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of diplomas/certificates are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847. Fax (218) 679-4176.