Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Tobacco left burning overnight sends five to hospital in Brooklyn Park

 

August 2, 2021



Several people were taken to hospitals Sunday because of high carbon monoxide levels from tobacco left burning overnight in their Brooklyn Park townhouse.

At least five people were taken to North Memorial Health Hospital or HCMC, said Battalion Chief Rob Miller. Everyone was OK after being checked out.

Miller said he's never run into a situation where such a large amount of carbon monoxide was produced by recreational smoking. The situation occurred because the home was closed up due to hot weather, so there was no ventilation, he said.

https://www.startribune.com/tobacco-left-burning-overnight-sends-five-to-hospital-in-brooklyn-park/600083864/

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/20/2021 09:27