Highway 2 project east of Cass Lake begins August 9
Motorists can expect short term delays and lane closures
July 16, 2021
Bemidji, Minn. –Beginning August 9, motorists on Highway 2 east of Cass Lake will experience short term delays and lane closures as the resurfacing project begins. The project includes grading and resurfacing Highway 2 from Cass county road 206 to Cass county road 10 east of Cass Lake.
The contractor for this $1.7 million dollar project is Northern Paving. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by the end of August, weather permitting. Visit the project website for more information and a project map: http://www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy2-casslake.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
• Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. http://www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/. For a complete list of projects for 2021, please visit http://www.mndot.gov/d2. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit http://www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.