WOMEN'S ADVOCATE - EQUAYWIIGAMIG (WOMEN SHELTER)
July 12, 2021
EQUAYWIIGAMIG (WOMEN SHELTER)
Open: July 12, 2021
Closing: July 28, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Provide support advocacy, crisis intervention, information, access to resources for battered women and their children. Must be willing to work night shift and weekends. Reports to Director, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provide crisis intervention/prevention in behalf of battered women.
• Provide general, supportive advocacy in behalf of victims.
• Provide transportation and accompaniment as requested to all business related meetings/appointments for battered women and secure child care during designated meetings/appointments.
• Facilitate Talking Circles for residential women.
• Provide educational sessions for residential women.
• Provide resources for women to meet self-defined needs.
• Provide House Dynamics documentation during shift.
• Become knowledgeable about the tribal/state/federal laws that pertain to domestic violence.
• Provide court/legal advocacy for victims.
• Ensure safety and security is being applied at all times during shift.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or G.E.D Certificate
• Knowledgeable in the area of domestic violence.
• Ability to work independently with battered women and their children.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to apply a team-work approach in addressing advocacy for victims.
• Apply collaborative efforts with local service providers in behalf of battered women.
• Willingness to up-grade skills and attend trainings regarding domestic violence.
• Ability to apply public speaking presentations for system change.
• Must be able to adhere to Data Privacy Law.
• Abide by the Code of Ethics Policy.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's License
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are accepted at the Government Center - Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Fax (218)-679-4176.