HEAD COOK - HEAD START PROGRAM
July 12, 2021
HEAD START PROGRAM
Open: July 7, 2021
Closing: July 22, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Prepare nutritious snacks and meals for the Red Lake Nation Headstart children according to established food guidelines; maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen area. Plan menus to meet nutritional requirements of children served; prepare snacks and meals in accordance with nutritionally balanced menu and number of children served; ensure that all snacks and meals meet USDA requirements. Reports to Director, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Prepare nutritious snacks and meals on a daily basis according to USDA required guidelines.
• Complete and maintain accurate records of food services.
• Provide nutritional habits education.
• Operate standard kitchen equipment.
• Serve as an appropriate model to the children.
• Maintain daily food count for production.
• Adapt meals accordingly to any special needs for child(ren).
• Maintain daily inventory of food supplies and equipment.
• Estimates daily, weekly needs and orders/purchases food, supplies and equipment.
• Practice safety and sanitation in preparation and storage of foods.
• Clean and maintain the food preparation and storage areas and equipment.
• Wash dishes, pots, pans, etc.
• Sanitize tables, chairs, and kitchen equipment.
• Provide guidance and direction to Cook Assistants
• Performs additional duties as requested by Director.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent (Attach copy w/Application)
• Two (2) years of work experience in large scale institutional cooking.
• Experience which provides the capabilities to perform the described duties.
• Knowledge of established regulations and guidelines concerning food/meal preparation and services.
• Must possess a Food Handler's permit/certificate. (Attach copy w/Application)
• Must pass a criminal background check investigation. (fingerprints and assessment)
• Must pass a physical examination with tuberculosis (TB) clearance prior to employment.
• Must be CPR/First Aid certified. (Attach copy w/Application)
• Must submit and pass drug test prior to commencing employment and random drug testing.
• Compliance with the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians' Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are accepted at the Government Center - Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Fax (218)-679-4176.