Highway 2 project from Fisher to East Grand Forks begins July 12
Motorists can expect lane closures and head to head traffic
June 25, 2021
Bemidji, Minn. – Motorists on Highway 2 between Fisher and East Grand Forks can expect lane closures and head to head traffic as construction begins on July 12. The project will include resurfacing the west bound lanes, as well as turn lane and intersection improvements.
The contractor for this $9.4 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. It is estimated to be complete by October, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information: http://www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2021/hwy2b-egf .
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
• Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. http://www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/. For a complete list of projects for 2021, please visit http://www.mndot.gov/d2. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit http://www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.