ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Giniw Waakaa'igan – Red Lake Vocational Rehabilitation Services at Oshkiimaajitahdah
June 7, 2021
Giniw Waakaa'igan – Red Lake Vocational Rehabilitation Services at Oshkiimaajitahdah
Open: June 4, 2021
Closing: June 21, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
To provide general clerical support services for Red Lake Vocational Rehabilitation. Reports to the Director of Red Lake Vocational Rehabilitation Services, full time position with benefits, Salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Remains in the office to greet public, routes visitors and all incoming phone calls to proper personnel, advising staff when out on errands for the Director
• Fulfills office operations and procedures by assisting Director with clerical duties, typing and maintenance of program files, assisting Lead Case Manager.
• Reviews and codes time and attendance for staff and all consumers, includes recording leave accumulations and balances for administrative personnel.
• Files travel request and submits to Travel Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Fulfills uniform correspondence procedures and style practices by insuring agency correspondence and other business records are filed in a timely manner.
• Prepares reports in final format by assisting in preparation to fulfill granting requirements and use internal management.
• Completes data entry into the Statistical Management Program relating to consumer profile, status progression and employment achievement.
• Completes purchase order processing of the transactions; including case service obligation reports, receiving necessary billing/payment information to process accordingly and tracks total case service expenditures data.
• Analyzes and provides recommendations to the Project Director and/or Lead Case Manager for change of office production, procedures and/or forms to improve work flow efficiency.
• Performs other clerical duties as assigned while maintaining strict compliance with confidentiality requirements.
• Maintains program calendar of all events and staff schedules, including daily log of phone calls and visitors and keeps main office area neat and orderly
This position does not have supervisory responsibility. Reports Directly to RLVR Director.
• High school diploma and certificate of completion in office support; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to read and interpret documents, such as personnel policy, service guidelines and federal regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge in commercial software programs including Word and Excel.
• Possess excellent mathematical skills to decipher various forms, bar graphs, ratios and percentages.
• Knowledge in the operation of various office machines.
• Demonstrated knowledge in human service systems commonly used by people with disabilities, cross-disability communication mannerisms as well as a working knowledge of medical, social and psychological aspects of disabilities.
• MUST maintain strict confidentiality requirements at all times.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/A1cohol Test and Background Check.
Absolutely ZERO tolerance for drug, alcohol and substance abuse in the workplace (according to the Tribal policy and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973), which subjects all staff to random drug testing. Positive testing results in immediate termination of employment.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847. Fax (218) 679-4176.