COURT ADMINISTRATOR - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
April 19, 2021
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
OPEN: APRIL 19, 2021
CLOSING: MAY 7, 2021 @12:00 P.M.
To ensure all elements of the court system function effectively and efficiently. Incumbent will have direct supervisory and management responsibility for administrative operations (programmatic and financial) with direct supervision over all Tribal Court staff and Alternative Court Staff; except for the Chief Judge and Associate Judges. Reports to Executive Director, full time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Develop and administer local court budget including forecasting revenues and expenditures, developing performance measures and appearing before the Governing body as necessary to discuss court policies and programs.
• Responsible for financial aspects of court operations including collection and receipt of fees, fines and bonds.
• Ensure timely deposits and accounting of court fees, prepare reports and narratives for court finances.
• Responsible for interpretation and execution of Tribal statutory mandates, rules of court, and judicial system policies as they relate to administrative matters. Maintains current and accurate file of the Red Lake Tribal Code and Resolutions passed, as well as revisions for code committee for action. Evaluate public service needs and identify corrective measures.
• Responsible for court personnel management including recruitment, hiring, training, motivation, evaluation, assignment, discipline and discharge. Administer personnel policy regulations.
• Assists in formulation and implementation of policies, develop or modify procedures to ensure compliance; supervises the implementation, evaluates the quality of the functions carried out and makes recommendations for changes.
• Advises the judges, lay advocates and attorneys concerning the administrative procedures of the court.
• Oversee and direct management studies and procedural analysis to identify problems pertaining to court process and coordination of court business to many diverse agencies.
• Plan and implement solutions and new methods of performing court functions to facilitate the delivery of justice system services in the most effective and cost effective manner.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective case management systems to ensure that individual cases and court's total caseload are expeditiously and efficiently processed to dispositions; periodically review management reports to identify and investigate problem area and take corrective action.
• Ensure security of court records; develop and implement a record retention/destruction plan to minimize storage space and costs.
• Serve as chief administrative support officer and respond to the individual requirements of all judicial staff.
• Responsible for the physical environment including facility planning, negotiating with the Tribe regarding upkeep, remodeling, expansion, procuring and maintaining necessary furniture, fixtures and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. Degree with an emphasis in business, public or judicial administration or related field from a four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Be of high moral character and integrity.
• Pass background investigative check without any felony convictions.
• Computer knowledgeable using variety of software.
• Proof of valid Driver's license and auto insurance.
• Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
• Willingly sign and adhere to confidentiality policy.
• Have knowledge of Red Lake Tribal Code.
• Knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.