SECURITY SPECIALIST - RED LAKE MIS/IT DEPARTMENT
April 15, 2021
RED LAKE MIS/IT DEPARTMENT
Open: April 12, 2021
Closing: April 23, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
The Security Specialist is responsible for maintaining the Tribal access control and surveillance systems, and serves as the point of contact for physical security of government buildings. The Security Specialist works collaboratively with the Director to plan additional security services. Reports to the IT Director, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Oversees and maintains existing Access Control System.
• Responsible for planning and implementing access control in new construction.
• Oversees and maintains Tribal surveillance systems.
• Responsible for planning and implementing surveillance systems in new construction.
• Maintains inventory of spare parts for access control and surveillance.
• Provide training as needed for end users.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to resolve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Creative - ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions is helpful.
• Must pass a pre-employment UA
• Minimum of five years' experience in related field.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Degree preferred, but not required.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of computer network concepts.
• Must pass background check.
• Must possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.