Media Specialist - Red Lake School District, ISD#38
April 14, 2021
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
Red Lake Schools #38
Posted: 04/13/2021; Open Until Filled
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications to fill a Media Specialist position at the Red Lake Secondary Complex School; anticipated to begin the 2021-22 School Year:
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB PURPOSE: The specialist teacher shall structure, implement, and manage direct instruction and facilitate learning for students as required by Minnesota State Standards and local site requirements in grades 6-12 in the area of media and computer skills. The teacher shall also structure and supervise the library during assigned times throughout the school day.
The successful candidate will:
1. Possess a Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited university.
2. Must possess or be able to obtain a Minnesota Media Specialist License.
3. Have prior teaching experience in primary and/or intermediate grades.
4. Be highly qualified under state/local requirements.
5. Fulfill requirements for a mandatory background check.
6. Have a strong moral character and work ethic.
1. Experience as a teacher at intermediate and middle school levels and with Native American children is preferred.
JOB DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES
1. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational processes and instruction for students in grades 6-12.
2. Demonstrate ability to use and apply a wide variety of instructional practices, teaching strategies, and curriculum materials to support instruction across content areas.
3. Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments and strategies to plan and implement instruction.
4. Demonstrate experience in analyzing and interpreting formative and summative data.
5. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to select and implement appropriate interventions.
7. Demonstrate an interest and willingness to work as an effective member of professional learning teams, grade level teams, and participate as a contributing member on site committees.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
9. Demonstrate an understanding and ability to implement data driven decision making and data driven instruction.
1. Engages and supports students in learning by providing for a variety of learning styles and ability levels.
2. Creates and maintains effective environments for student learning.
3. Develops and implements effective classroom management procedures.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior through proper control and supervision and the provision of learning activities which stimulate the interest and motivation of pupils.
5. Understands and organizes subject matter for student learning focusing upon the standards outlined in the state content and site curriculum standards.
6. Effectively plans standard-based instruction and designs learning experiences for all students. Employs technology as appropriate to enhance instruction.
7. Assess students for learning in accordance with District and state requirements.
8. Develops as a professional educator.
9. Communicates effectively with students and parents.
10. Supports and abides by school and District policies and procedures.
11. Performs extracurricular duties as assigned.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITES:
1. Utilizes proper English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and English speaking skills.
2. Knowledge of District policies, rules, and regulations.
3. Works with students, District personnel, and general public in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
4. Understands and follows complex oral and written instruction and completes assignments in an independent manner.
5. Analyzes situations and takes appropriate action regarding routine/emergency procedural matters without immediate supervision.
6. Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned tasks to meet established timelines.
7. Maintains professional confidentiality and works collaboratively with peers.
8. Possesses knowledge of technology to present lessons, communicate with others, and keep records.
1. Stand, walk, bend over, kneel, crouch, reach, overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift, and/or carry up to 30 lbs. to should height.
2. Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
3. Stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
4. Demonstrates normal depth perception.
5. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or typewriter, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone.
6. See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without visual aids.
Verification of Competency and Application Process:
To apply, send: 1) completed District application, 2) cover letter and resume, 3) three letters of reference from educational professionals, and 4) documentation of licensure credentials or statement of ability to meet licensure requirements to:
Red Lake School District #38
PO Box 499
Red Lake, MN 56671
Or, fax to (218) 679-2321 or email to email@example.com
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 Office
(218) 679-2321 Fax