EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - RED LAKE BAND OF CHIPPEWA INDIANS
April 1, 2021
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-MINNEAPOLIS AREA
RED LAKE BAND OF CHIPPEWA INDIANS
Open: March 31, 2021 Closing: April 16, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
This position is primarily responsible for providing office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects by performing the following duties.
Reports to Director of Mino Bimaadiziwin Wellness Clinic, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Performs administrative duties for executive management. Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, creating spreadsheets and presentations, writing meeting notes and distributing post meeting (any follow up needed), filing, faxing/ emailing and typing.
• Manages the administrative and operational needs of clinic and programs, including but not limited to: office services and equipment, furniture and space allocation, common space scheduling, visitor greeting, office supply ordering and inventory, and vendor management.
• Assists with the coordination and preparation for major events.
• Assists Director with identify and expedite Information Technology needs.
• Collaborates with other administrative and program staff across the organization.
• Assists with the preparation for meetings, gathering data from programs for reports, and the planning, organization, and submission of grant proposals.
• Arranges and coordinates meetings and eves, which at times may require interaction with external executives, consultants and assistants.
• Monitors, responds to, and distributes incoming communications.
• Helps with organization and revision of policies and procedures as directed
• Updates equipment and materials inventory, and reviews annually with the Director. Participate in outreach events and develops strategies with outreach team.
• Maintain and carryout facility and equipment repair needs.
• Compliant with Red Lake Nation Personnel policies, procedures and laws.
• Coordinate marketing strategies. Including indirect and direct marketing methods. Assists with planning and arranging clinic events, meetings, and meals, as needed. Manages funding for office and program supplies.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully an individual must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of: Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation Software (PowerPoint); and Publisher Software.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.
Location of Job is in the Minneapolis Area