FIRE FIGHTER - RED LAKE FIRE DEPARTMENT
March 3, 2021
RED LAKE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Open: March 3, 2021
Closing: March 24, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
To serve and work as a team with other fire fighters to provide fire protection and related fire services to the Red Lake Reservation and to protect the lives and property of its community members; to assist with fire prevention and other related fire services. Reports to the Fire Chief. Full time position with benefits, Salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Responsible for promptly and efficiently responding to all emergency fire/accident calls while on duty.
• Responsible for driving firefighting vehicles to scene and securing emergency scene until relieved by Fire Chief.
• Responsible for calling/alerting volunteer fire fighters when needed.
• Responsible for knowing the procedures involved with firefighting techniques; i.e., knowing how to conduct the pumps to the water supply or hydrant and monitor the gauges for proper water pressure, and dispensing equipment from the trucks, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining radio contact with headquarters and other vehicles during the emergency situations.
• Responsible for and to know how to maintain and care of all firefighting equipment and vehicles.
• Performs general maintenance and minor repairs to station facility and vehicles as directed.
• Responsible for participating in all training drills and attending any classes/programs relating to firefighting.
• Responsible for preparing reports and maintaining an accurate log of all alarms and fire calls during tour of duty.
• Must be willing to provide operating and procedural information to the public as needed.
• Responsible for assisting with fire suppression as directed.
• Responsible for assisting with training programs and educational programs conducted for the schools, tribal program and community members.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
• Must be knowledgeable of the geography of the reservation, four tribal communities and surrounding areas.
• Must pass a medical examination which shall include respiratory and physical agility testing and maintaining good health.
• Must possess the appropriate licenses needed for the operation of specific types of fire vehicles and a combination of mechanical experience.
• Knowledge of first aid and safe operation of motor vehicles, building, and equipment maintenance.
• Must be able to accept constructive criticism and supervision and follows directives.
• Physically capable of handling job requirements and working long hours when needed.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/A1cohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.