(6) COOKS-PART TIME - RED LAKE HOMELESS SHELTER
February 8, 2021
(6) COOKS-PART TIME
RED LAKE HOMELESS SHELTER
Open: February 8, 2021-Until filled
Assist with the preparing, and providing nutritious meals as ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment. 3 Monday-Thursday (4 hour shifts) 3 Friday-Sunday (4 hour shifts), essential rule applies, part-time positions. Reports to Program Manager; salary $12.00 hourly.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for assisting, preparing, and serving nutritious meals in meeting the daily food requirements.
• Assist with the planning and preparing menus with the Program Managers to ensure menus meet all food guidelines.
• Responsible for preparing, handling and serving food in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Responsible for cleaning the dining area on a daily basis, i.e., washes tables, dishes, and counter tops.
• Participates in program planning and other activities as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 3-6 months related experience and /or training-or equivalent combination of experience.
• Knowledge of Traditional Foods preparation and cooking.
• Knowledge of and working with homeless Native Americans.
• Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of proper techniques for food preparation and modified diets.
• Must be a team player to follow explicit instructions.
• Must have phone and reliable transportation.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.