Alternative Learning Center (ALC) Teacher - Red Lake Schools #38
February 3, 2021
Red Lake School District, ISD#38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
"...where each child is valued, life long-learning is embraced and students are empowered to become Red Lake Nation ambassadors in the global community."
When the Children thrive, the Nation Thrives
Posted: 02/02/2021; open until filled
JOB TITLE: Alternative Learning Center (ALC) Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB PURPOSE: The Alternative Learning Teacher shall provide direct instruction and facilitate learning within students.
The ALC Teacher shall:
1. Have completed an accredited licensure program and possess Minnesota licensure (7-12) in core subject areas (i.e. mathematics, language arts, social studies, science).
2. Demonstrate knowledge of:
• Red Lake High School Curriculum
• Minnesota graduation standards
• All computer based programs and software applications utilized
• ALC compliance requirements to earn/award a general educational diploma in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
3. Demonstrate ability to use a wide variety of instructional practices, approaches, methods, and curriculum materials,
4. Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments that derive data for progress monitoring that drives instruction,
5. Demonstrate an understanding of differentiated instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning styles.
6. Demonstrate experience interpreting formative and summative data,
7. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills,
8. Demonstrate experience coordinating post-secondary transitional programs.
9. Demonstrate an ability and willingness to work with outside organizations, businesses, and post-secondary institutions.
10. Demonstrate knowledge about Red Lake Nation culture and communities,
11. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check,
12. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the comprehensive ALC program for students ages 16-21 within the Red Lake High School.
2. Collaborate with the principal and the academic dean to maintain academic records and administer standard assessments to all students assigned to the ALC.
3. Gather, organize, synthesize and present data to diverse audiences,
4. Effectively interpret formative and summative data, communicate results, problem solve and work collaboratively to significantly impact instructional practices and student achievement to support Minnesota Standards,
5. Promote a school wide philosophy, supported by research and theory, that integrates technology and best practices,
6. Plan and implement effective academic interventions,
7. Utilize various forms of data to inform and guide instruction through data discussions with the principal and academic dean to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITY FUNCTIONS:
• Conducts a yearly program audit to review extent of program implementation.
• Collects and analyzes data to guide program direction and emphasis.
• Measures results of the ALC program activities and shares results as appropriate.
• Monitors student academic performance, behavior and attendance and assists with appropriate interventions.
• Acts as a liaison with post-secondary institutions and other community entities to coordinate and promote post-secondary transitional support for students.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education professionals
4. Employment interview.
The Alternative Learning Teacher shall be employed under: Teachers' Master Agreement
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials send to: Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671.
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 Office
(218) 679-2321 Fax