LEGAL SECRETARY RED LAKE LEGAL DEPARTMENT
January 5, 2021
Open: January 5, 2021-Until filled
The Legal secretary is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to one or more lawyers. This varies from transcribing and proofreading legal documents, scheduling court matters, hearings, and meetings to filling and organizing important documents. Essentially, legal secretaries maintain the efficiency of all office procedures and case management to guarantee reliability and consistency. Reports to Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Transcribe and proofread legal documents and resolutions/ordinances.
• Accurately file documents with the court ahead of deadlines.
• Process third party and vendor invoices.
• Arrange travel arrangements for attorneys.
• File, organize, scan, copy and fax legal documents in a timely manner.
• Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate.
• Schedule court matters, hearings, and other meetings.
• Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agenda and provide timely reminders.
• Use Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Power Point; maintain office filing system.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate's Degree or higher in Legal Studies or a related field.
• Three (3) years' experience as a paralegal or legal secretary.
• Familiarity with legal documents, terminology, legal citations.
• Working knowledge of litigation management software systems.
• Ability to type with a speed of at least 50 wpm with high accuracy.
• Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Able to work as a team with attorneys and other colleagues.
• Demonstrate a courteous and professional demeanor.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 –Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.