PROJECT COORDINATOR - ECONONMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
December 21, 2020
ECONONMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
Open: December 21, 2020-Until filled
Work within Economic Development & Planning Department coordinating projects at various stages of development as assigned, and may include development, implementation, and grant management. This position will focus primarily on agricultural projects. Reports to EDP Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary; $23.00 hrly.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Coordination of appropriate tasks needed for project development and implementation.
• Responsible for organization and communication of department projects, including proper documentation of project expenses and timelines.
• Monitor and document the work processes and outcomes for evaluation and reporting.
• Assist with assignment coordination of various tasks needed for projects.
• Communicate and coordinate department staff as needed for each project.
• Assist with development and distribution of marketing needed for projects.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and vendors.
• Assist the department with identifying funding sources for projects; and assist with proper documentation and management of awarded funding.
• Investigate new technologies and trends that would help a project be more efficient and cost effective.
• Continuous monitoring of resources that would benefit future project development.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to present appropriate and concise information, meet specified deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Work with the department Director to define and achieve annual objectives, schedules, and overall strategies for upcoming projects.
• Be an effective Economic Development & Planning team member and maintain effective communication with department staff.
• Trustworthy with confidential tribal information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Competent problem solving and decision making with the appropriate balance and application of assertiveness and flexibility.
• A strong communication network established within the Red Lake Nation.
• Financial analysis experience with budgets; both actual and projected.
• Grant research and management experience.
• Project Management Training would be a plus.
• American Indian Preference.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218)-679-4176.