Top 30 Jobs in Demand Now in Minnesota
See a regularly updated listing of the types of positions that are being hired for most right now
December 2, 2020
St. Paul – The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) is working hard to connect Minnesotans who need work now with employers who are hiring. One of the ways we do this is through posting a regularly updated list of the top 30 types of jobs being hired for in Minnesota. You can see this list at CareerForceMN.com/JobsinDemand.
“COVID-19 has brought unprecedented challenges to Minnesotans and our businesses,” said DEED Commissioner Steve Grove. “Despite these challenges, companies in many fields are hiring. DEED and our workforce development partners in CareerForce can help people looking for work now. From getting connections to employers with open positions to getting connections to training for the jobs that are in demand, CareerForce can help you.”
In the listing of the top 30 jobs in demand on the CareerForceMN.com website, people can see:
• A short job description with a link to a page with more information and a video about the job
• Wage range information specific to Minnesota
• Current job openings that are sortable by geographic area to help people find work near them
Among the top posted positions right now in Minnesota are 3,203 job postings for Registered Nurses (RNs) ($32.66 to $45.62 per hour), 2,387 job postings for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) ($14.90 to $19.29 per hour) and 2,283 First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers ($16.99 to $27.07 per hour).
DEED and its partners in CareerForce are ready to help people with their job search or to make a career change. CareerForce is the state’s official career exploration and job search resource and is available to help Minnesotans at no cost to them. CareerForce staff and partners have helped thousands of Minnesotans find work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CareerForce can help Minnesotans with:
• Exploring career options that match each person’s experience, interests and skill set
• Fine-tuning job search strategy and networking skills
• Updating resumes and improving interviewing skills
• Determining eligibility for tuition assistance or even free training through the Dislocated Worker program to help prepare for an in-demand job
• Determining eligibility for other support services to help a person find and keep a job
• Connecting with jobs in demand and employers hiring now
CareerForce services are available over the phone or online. Call 651-259-7501 to be connected with your local CareerForce location or visit CareerForceMN.com/locations to find contact information for a CareerForce location near you.
DEED is the state's principal economic development agency, promoting business recruitment, expansion and retention, workforce development, international trade and community development. For more details about the agency and its services, visit the DEED website or follow us on Twitter.