LICENSING TECHNICIAN - RED LAKE GAMING COMMISSION
December 1, 2020
RED LAKE GAMING COMMISSION
Open: December 1, 2020
Closing: January 8, 2021
Responsible for the processing of all Tribal Gaming License applications for PMO's, Key and Non-Key casino associates upon their starting date and on an annual basis and/or before any associate transfer to another department. Conduct timely and thorough background investigations for all PMO, Key and Non-Key associates. Maintain all licensing records. Must be knowledgeable of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act; National Indian Gaming Commission Regulations; Red Lake Nation Gaming Ordinance; Tribal-State Compact; and any other applicable gaming licensing laws and regulations. Reports to Gaming Commission Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Process all tribal gaming licensing applications for PMO's, Key and Non-Key casino associates pursuant to the Red Lake Gaming Commission, National Indian Gaming Commission and the Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division gaming licensing regulations.
• Work with various outside entities, including all casino operation departments, casino gaming vendors, local law enforcement, agents of the RLGC, NIGC and AGED in the completion of background investigations and compliance.
• Communicate directly with RLGC, NIGC and AGED regarding decisions of eligibility for a gaming license in a timely and professional manner as the gaming license regulations dictate.
• Perform all aspects of issuing a gaming license to all Key and Non-Key casino associates and PMO's, including fingerprinting and processing of fingerprint cards, signature cards and use of a digital camera for issuance of gaming license identification badges.
• Complete the weekly intake of all newly hired or rehired casino associates and management, including all gaming vendors.
• Complete the processing of annual renewals for all Key and Non-Key casino associates, management and gaming vendors.
• Complete background investigations on all PMO's, Key and Non-Key casino associates well within the allotted time that tribal, state and federal gaming license regulations dictate.
• Complete all licensing duties on time and ensure all work for accuracy, neatness and conformance with tribal, state and federal gaming license regulations.
• Maintain neat and orderly background files at all times.
• Maintain and promote strict standards of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
• Excellent attendance is a must.
• Other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of the Red Lake Gaming Commission administration and general office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of sensitive records management, including legal requirements as they pertain to records retention and disclosure.
• Experience with computers using database software and electronic data processing.
• Strong interpersonal relations skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to shift from working independently to a team environment as job duties dictates.
• Knowledge of tribal, state, and federal gaming license regulations.
• Proficient in various personal computer applications, including ID Point Software, Microsoft Excel, ID Works, and Access as well as other computer programs used in the investigation process along with the Internet.
• All other standard office equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Prefer college course work in general office practices, data processing, and criminal justice or other related field helpful.
• One to two years of gaming experience preferred.
• Prior regulatory, law enforcement or investigative experience desired.
• Any equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted for required qualifications.
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Cannot gamble at any of the 7 Clans Casinos
• Ability to pass alcohol and drug test per Personnel Policy Manual.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1847.