Controller - Red Lake Inc.
November 25, 2020
Controller wanted for Red Lake Inc. This office has three employees and over sees the financials for companies under the RLI umbrella. This is an on-site position located at Red Lake MN.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
• Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
• Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Utilize accounting skills as required for our various departments and affiliated companies
• Assist or Manage the preparation of audited financial reporting, including quarterly reviews
• Ensures all required payments are made on time.
• Complies with federal, tribal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Complete other duties as assigned
Work Hours & Benefits:
Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 to 5 pm. Additional hours as needed.
Benefits Package: Holidays, Medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO.
Remote working: This is an on-site position, remote optional when required because of COVID-19 or weather related.
Salary: Salaried--$ 35 to $ 45 per hour DOQ
Relocation Package: Negotiable
Controller Qualifications / Skills:
• Managing processes
• Financial software
• Developing standards
• Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
• Tracking budget expenses
• Financial skills
• Analyzing information
• Developing budgets
• Performance management
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• Minimum 5-10 years' experience in accounting/finance
• Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
Companies under RED LAKE INC.
• Red Lake Retail
• Red Lake Propane
• Red Lake Farms & Foods
• Ponemah Market
• Red Lake Fisheries
• Red Lake Builders
Controller reports to the Red Lake Inc. CEO and the Red Lake Inc Board of Directors.
Application information: A complete application and resume with three references should be sent to: Red Lake Inc. or email to: Mary Graves at: firstname.lastname@example.org or David Comer at: email@example.com
Opening Date: 11-24-2020 Closing date: Until Filled